YouTube has introduced a new way for creators to earn more money during livestreams, using the brand new Super Stickers. Now, aside from Super Chat contributions, viewers can also buy Super Stickers to show their love to their favorite creators. According to YouTube, some streams earn over $400 per minute.
The initial release includes 8 sticker packs, 5 of which are animated and very funny to watch, and they are available in 5 languages (English, French, Japanese, Korean, and Portuguese). In the coming months YouTube will release more stickers, and they are also testing custom stickers with a small number of creators. YouTube even gave the characters a background story.
Super Stickers are available both for live streams and premieres.
Enabling Super Stickers
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Click the "Monetization" menu on the left.
- At the top, click "Supers".
- Once completed, Super Stickers status will be On, next to a blue toggle
If you are already using Super Chat, you will be automatically opt in to Super Stickers.
- Speak directly to your fans during the stream when they buy a Super Sticker. Remember that they are buying these because they want to connect with you.
- Super Stickers can be used to celebrate an occasion with your fans, a special date or event.
- If you have plans on how you will use the money from the stickers, for example reinvesting in the channel, let them know. Your fans will love to know how they affect your life and your channel.
To learn more about Super Stickers, click here