Channel memberships (previously known as Sponsorships) are a great way to earn additional revenue from your YouTube channel. With the introduction of channel memberships fans can send monthly payments to support their favorite creators. In return, sponsors are awarded with some perks in the live chat.
Note: Currently, channel memberships are only available to gaming channels, but YouTube is already running a beta for non-gaming channels.
Elegibility requirements for creators:
- Channel needs to have at least 30,000 subscribers
- Channel monetization must be active
- Channel live streaming must be enabled
- Creator must be at least 18 years old
- Creator must be in a country in which the service is available
- Creator must comply with YouTube's terms and policies
If your channel is eligible, you can activate channel memberships in your YouTube Status and Features page. For an up-to-date list of requirements, click here.
- Exclusive sponsorship badge in live chat
- Exclusive access to sponsors-only live chat (when offered by creators)
- Exclusive access to a channel's custom emojis in live chat (when offered by creators)
"Slow mode" in live chat does not apply to sponsors
Earnings and Payments
Just as with Super Chat, Freedom! doesn't take any of the revenue you get from channel memberships. By default, you earn 100% of that, although if you love Freedom! you can choose to give Freedom! a percentage of those earnings, which will be added to a pool of money. Freedom! will then give that money back to the community in the form of giveaways, contests, competitions or other initiatives. You are able to select the amount of your channel membership earnings that you would like to share with Freedom! in the Freedom! dashboard, by following these steps:
- Click your avatar on the top right corner of the dashboard.
- Click the settings gear icon.
- Select the "Revenue Shares" tab.
- Click "Edit" next to Membership.
- Add the revenue share you want for yourself, and the reason why you would like to share a percentage of the revenue with Freedom! Then click the "Save" button.
Payments use the same schedule as normal channel earnings. You can check our the full payment schedule here.
To read more about this, click here.
What is YouTube's Self-rate feature and how does it work?
YouTube has been rolling out an experiment with a number of channels that allow the creators to rate their own videos, as to how they meet their Advertiser-friendly content guidelines. As this becomes available to a greater number of creators, we ...
YouTube is updating the Terms of Service on December 10, 2019
On December 10, 2019 YouTube will be updating the wording of their terms of service for greater clarity - they are not materially changing how things work, and are not introducing any changes regarding channel terminations. Here are the key items to ...
How does the Advanced Payment feature work?
At Freedom! we understand how important it is for you to receive your hard earned money as soon as possible, and because of that you are now able to receive your payments 1 month early by enabling the Advanced Payment feature. Can anyone enable ...
Why was my channel terminated for spam by YouTube?
As a content creation site, YouTube strives to keep its site as a clean and healthy video ecosystem. that being said, there are a few offensive channels that occasionally breach limitations and break rules. As such, YouTube will remove them for ...
Weekly Payments, how do they work?
How does this service work? Unless you disable this service, every week you will receive a payment that includes any finalized earnings available + 50% of your estimated channel and content ID earnings. Regular and Advance payments will continue to ...