Sponsorships are a great way to earn additional revenue from your YouTube channel. With the introduction of Sponsorships fans can send monthly payments to support their favorite creators. In return, sponsors are awarded with some perks in the live chat.
Note: Currently, Sponsorships are only available to gaming channels, but YouTube is already running a beta for non-gaming channels.
Elegibility requirements for creators:
- Channel needs to have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Channel monetization must be active
- Channel live streaming must be enabled
- Creator must be at least 18 years old
- Creator must be in a country in which the service is available
- Creator must comply with YouTube's terms and policies
- Exclusive sponsorship badge in live chat
- Exclusive access to sponsors-only live chat (when offered by creators)
- Exclusive access to a channel's custom emojis in live chat (when offered by creators)
- "Slow mode" in live chat does not apply to sponsors
Earnings and Payments
Just as with Super Chat, Freedom! doesn't take any of the revenue you get from Sponsorships. By default, you earn 100% that, although if you love Freedom! you can always give Freedom! a percentage of those earnings, which will be added to a pool of money. Freedom! will then give that money back to the community in the form of giveaways, contests, competitions or other initiatives. You will be able to select the amount of your Sponsorship earnings that you would like to share with Freedom! in the Freedom! dashboard, by clicking on the Revenue menu, and then on the "Gaming Sponsorship" tab, and lastly click on the revenue share button. Payments are made using the same schedule as normal channel earnings. You can check our the full payment schedule here.
Following the announcement that Sponsorhips are now more broadly available, YouTube announced that creators, starting September 19, 2017, would not be able to create new paid content, and that the service would be discontinued by December 1, 2017. To read more about this, click here.